Dawn theme is better than Debut because of its advanced features of Online Store 2.0 like theme editor, metafields, app design blocks and sections etc.
Let’s talk about the Dawn theme.
- Dawn is faster than the Debut theme by 35%.
- It includes all of the advanced features like theme editor, meta fields, app block, design.) It will be easier for non technical people.
- It gives more content sections than Debut, and obviously facilitates customization on every page as much as possible.
- It works on all browsers.
Content is the backbone of everything in your store. Use SEO-based and dynamic content
to increase the visibility of your products on popular search engines. It results in conversation and sales.
Always check your site in the page speed insight chrome tool
. If your website score is very low then you need to work on it. Because a low store score can kill your site traffic.
Shopify experts will audit the Shopify store and cover how to optimize Shopify stores for speed. It is important to download a Shopify theme for backup before you start optimizing your Shopify store. You can revert the changes compared with backup.
You need to work on following points :
- Theme Upgrade if there is a scope and upgraded theme available
- Reduce JS Payload.
- Use Critical CSS.
- Replace GIFs With Static Images
- Reduce Large Image Sizes
- Migrate Tracking Codes To Google Tag Manager
- Compress Images
- Preload Web Fonts.
- I would suggest limiting to one and using a standard web font.
You can choose from several fonts for the text in your online store. However, if you use a font that does not yet exist on your customer’s system, then the font has to be downloaded before your text can be displayed. This impacts the time that your store takes to load.
You can select a mono, serif, or sans-serif font family. You can still use font styles, such as bold or italic, when you use any of these font families. The font that displays on your customer’s computer depends on their operating system. Below are some examples of the fonts that might be used to render text when you select a system font family:
- Mono: Menlo, Consolas, Monaco, Liberation Mono, or Lucida Console
- Sans-serif: BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Ubuntu, or Helvetica Neue
- Serif: Iowan Old Style, Apple Garamond, Baskerville, Times New Roman, Droid Serif, Times, or Source Serif Pro
Theme upgrade in dawn theme :
The new Shopify version adds a whole host of improvements, features, benefits & opportunities for developers.
- It gives store owners the power to edit and personalize or customize their store, saving them time while making it easier to make more sales.
- Using its features improve your store’s experience for both merchants and customers.
- Developers can build custom apps with more freedom, features on behalf of merchants.
- We need to update ourselves to satisfy and attract customers to our shopify store for purchasing.
The good news is that we will help achieve your task easily and more cost-effectively if you are wondering how to customize Dawn theme shopify quickly and effectively! Explore your requirements and any of our experts will connect you for further discussion.
Use Critical CSS :
One way to avoid that is to use critical CSS. Critical CSS is a collection of CSS that is required to render only the visible part of the page.
By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve.
If you’re looking to improve your Shopify store’s site performance, you can learn more about our Shopify services.
If anything is missed out or unclear, don’t hesitate to ask. We will surely help you.
Have a nice day !