With the Shopify collections feature, you can keep your products well organized. With collections, you can group similar products together to make them easier to find for customers.
Here are some tips on formatting your CSV file so you can import it without any issues.
Import Collections into Shopify Using a CSV File
In Shopify, you can import collections using the built-in CSV import feature. Here are the steps to import collections in Shopify:
- Create a CSV file with your collection data. The file should include the following columns:
- Handle (required): The URL handle of the collection. This should be unique and can only contain letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores.
- Title (required): The name of the collection.
- Body (optional): A description of the collection.
- Vendor (optional): The name of the vendor.
- Tags (optional): Any tags you want to associate with the collection.
- Published (required): Whether the collection should be published or not. Enter “TRUE” or “FALSE”.
- Image Src (optional): The URL of the collection image.
- Image Alt Text (optional): The alt text for the collection image.
- Go to your Shopify admin panel and click on “Products” in the left-hand menu.
- Click on “Collections” in the top menu.
- Click on the “Import” button in the top right-hand corner.
- Select your CSV file and click on “Upload file”.
- Map the columns in your CSV file to the corresponding fields in Shopify.
– explain mapping
- Click on “Import collections”.
As a result, you’ve successfully imported collections from a CSV file into your Shopify store. With all your products organized into collections, your customers will have an easier time finding what they need.