2. Introduction to Meta Tag
< head> < title>Site title < meta name=”description” content=”Description of this page”> < meta http-equiv=”content-type” content=”text/html;charset=UTF-8″> < /head>
- Where, UTF-8 = Unicode Transformation Format in 8 languages.
- The first meta tag contains the descriptive information of the page. This is what Google will display in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Page). When you perform a search in Google, the results on the SERP are largely based on the meta tags.
- The second meta tag defines which charset the browser should use when accessing the particular page.
3. How to avoid a character in the meta tag?
4. Know about Meta Description
- In Shopify, The meta description can be set for webpages, product pages, collection pages, and blog posts. Make sure each page has a unique meta description that uses simple, direct language. A good description encourages more people to click the link to your store.
- For example:-When you type a search query into Google, let’s type the word “shoes” then the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) display results as shown in the image:-
5. What is a Character Set?
- ASCII: Uses a unique binary 7-bits number to define every upper and lowercase letter in the alphabet, numbers from 0-9, and some special characters.
- ISO-8859: An extension upon ASCII to include international characters.
- ANSI: Default charset in Windows.
6. Meta Descriptions are your Best Salespeople
Focus on the customer
Repeat, repeat, repeat
8 Oct | 7min Read How [...]
5 Oct | 7min Read | Guest Post [...]
Sept 22, 2021 | 8 min read [...]
Sept 21, 2021 | 8 min read [...]
Sept 16, 2021 | 12 min read [...]
Sept 13, 2021 | 9 min read | Guest [...]
Sept 11, 2021 | 12 min read [...]
Sept 10, 2021 | 10 min read [...]
Sept 08, 2021 | 8 min read [...]
Sept 07, 2021 | 8 min read [...]