Attributes are called properties of a product that may change between variations, while still keeping the same product name: color, capacity, size, weight,and many more.
A) Adding New Attribute
How to add a new product attribute?
Log into your Prestashop Backend.
Go to Catalog tab and click on Product Attributes.
B) Adding Attribute Values
Under Catalog => Product Attributes click on Add New Values.
Enter the following information:
- Attribute Type: Select the type of attribute e.g. Color.
- Value: Enter the name of the value itself, see example for Color, like it may be Blue, Pink, Metallic etc.
- Meta Title: Specific format for meta title.
- Color: Choose a color using the color picker, or enter an HTML color
eg: for Red its code is #E84C3D.
- Texture: You can also upload the color texture from your collection this will override the HTML color that you have selected before.
Click on Save at the top right or Save Add Another Value to add more values.
Now under Catalog =>Product Attributes if you click on View button, you will see all the values you added. You can also edit or delete them from there even search for a value.
Once your attributes are in place and their values are set, you can create product variations or combinations in each product’s Combinations tab, from the Products page under the Catalog menu.