What’s Shopify and How’s it working?
Pricing for Shopify – How much does it cost?
2. Sign up on Shopify
3. Start configuring your Online Store
shopify admin panel
4. Select a “Theme” or a “Layout”
Browse the Theme Store
The Shopify Theme Store.
Check the Functionality and Reviews
Preview the Theme
Get the Theme
5. Edit Shopify Settings
These stores are all built using the same theme
Your themes in custom settings.
6. Add Your Products to The Store
Screen for the Item. Make sure you fill in as much detail as you can.
Set Up Collections (Groups of Products)
- Unique clothes for men, women or children.
- Other types of items such as lamps, cushions, or rugs.
- Items for sale.
- Products of specific colors or sizes.
- Seasonal items including holiday cards and decorations.
The screen set up for the collection works exactly the same as for the product screen
Manual and Automatic Collections
- Manually-You manually add and delete items in a series of manuals.
- Automatically-You can set the search conditions to include goods that meet certain criteria automatically.
7. Payment Gateways
8. Get Your Online Shop “LIVE”
- Go ton the admin panel Products page
- Click on the name of a particular product.
- Scroll down to ‘ Variants ‘ segment
- Make sure you check the checkboxes next to Charge Taxes and Includes Shipping if you have to provide these with your goods.
- Some shops will not have to charge tax or delivery on items such as digital goods. A T-shirt shop, on the other side, would definitely
have to charge both.
- If you intend on shipping your product to customers, be sure to enter the weight of the product in the correct area.
- Go to Settings >Shipping page from your admin shop.
- See if you have set a weight-based shipping rate in the “Shipping rates” section, and change it to the requirements of your produc
Test Your Order System
- Click Settings from your Admin list, then Payments to go to your Payments settings.
- If you have a gateway activated on your credit card, deactivate it before proceeding. (Click Edit, then deactivate, then confirm your deactivation.)
- Click Pick a Credit Card Gateway to open the drop-down menu in the Approve Credit Cards section.
- Scroll down the list to Other, then click on the Bogus Gateway (for testing).
- Tap Activate (or Reactivate, if you have already used the Bogus Gateway).
- Go to your front door and put an order like a customer would. Instead of genuine numbers enter the following credit card details at
- Make sure that you have the Payment gateway that you want to check for.
- Make a buy from your shop as a customer might, and use real credit card details to complete checkout.
- Immediately cancel the order, to refund yourself and stop paying transaction fees.
- Log in to your payment portal to ensure the funds have gone through.