Product Title, Product Description, Size, etc. are the attributes. The Title, Label identifies the attributes in the Admin and Storefront.
Magento has a Simple process for Creation of Attributes.
Magento has a Simple process for Creation of Attributes.:
- Admin -> Catalog -> Attributes -> Manage Attributes -> Add New Attribute
- Fill up the Attribute information:A. Attributes Properties
- Used in quick search: If set yes data will be search able at front-end in quick search or in Advanced search.
- Comparable on front-end: If set yes, attributes will show in the product comparison.
- Layered Navigation: If set Yes, this data will be used in filter navigation.
- Position: It determines the position of attributes in Layered navigation menu.
- Visible on Product View Page on Front-end: If set No attributes will not visible in front-end.
Attribute Code: It is the identifier, for internal uses only. You can give any name, with no spaces.Scope: Define scope for uses of attributes to specific stores or websites, it may be
- Store View
Catalog input type for Store owner:
Determines the data type and input control for your store Admin
- Text field
- Text Area
- Multiple Select
- Media image
- Fixed Product Tax
Unique Value: Set Yes, to prevent duplicate values in data entry field.
Value Required: Select Yes from drop-down
Apply To: Select from drop-down, determines to which product do you want to this attribute will display.
- Selected Product Types
- All product Types
B. Front-end Properties
- Manage Titles and Options to your attributes:
- To create Attribute Set:
Admin -> Catalog -> Attributes -> Manage Attributes -> Add New Set
- Give name to your Attribute Sets:
- Based On: Select from drop-down, existing Attribute Set. Let you modify the Attribute Set as new.
And Save Attribute Set
- Click on Add New Button to add your new Attribute Sets:
- Now assigned created attributes to Attribute sets: