Magento provides a key feature of Multi Store, which allows us to manage multiple websites and web stores into a single installation.
Multi store feature is called as “Global, Website, Store” (GWS).
- Global: Overall Single Installation containing number of websites and web stores.
- Website: Website is a collection of one or multiple stores where we can share customers and orders information of the related stores.
- Store: Store can be defined as child element of website. Here all the stores will share the same admin, from which we can even share same categories and products by configuring their root categories. Store can be further divided into categories and products.
- Store view: A store can have multiple store views depending on its language, Magento helps us to create the store once and to create different store views of it.
Following are The Features of Magento Multi Store:
- Marketing Promotions and Tools
- Analytics and Reporting
- Search Engine Optimization
- Site Management
- Catalog Management
- Catalog Browsing
- Product Browsing
- Customer Service
- Customer Accounts
- Order Management
Magento Multi store is a feature which provides you the flexibility to use the same admin and back-end for number of websites and stores. These websites and stores can share their products, categories, customers and order details. We can also create multiple store views of a store according to the language (Multi Langual Stores) if needed.
For eg: It is possible for an e-shop owner to manage different stores into the mall, by using a single back-end (admin) for multiple front-ends. He can also share the products and categories between stores, and also he can share order details and customer’s details between stores and websites. It becomes easy for him to maintain multiple of Stores by using one admin.