Following step will explain you how to install and manage languages in Prestashop store.
Log in as an administrator or employer with granted permission to back office.
Go to Localization -> Languages
The page will displays languages already installed on your shop, along with some information like ISO code, language code, date format etc.
You can enable or disable a language by clicking on the icon in the Enabled column.
Creating New Language
Creating a new language means you will have to translate all of the text for PrestaShop’s front-end, back-end, modules, etc.To do that you have to download the required language pack file from the PrestaShop official website. Once you have downloaded the file,
Go to Localization -> Translations.
Now, simply browse to the language pack file and press the Import button. The language pack will be installed in few seconds.
Add language screen look like
- Name: Name of language and it is public.
- ISO Code: Enter the adequate 2-letter ISO 639-1 code.
If you are importing a language pack, this code should exactly match the one for the pack.
- Language Code: Enter the adequate 4-letter language code, in the form xx-yy, xx being the language ISO code (same as above), and yy the country ISO code, using ISO 3166-1 alpha-2.
- Date Format: Countries do not always share the same date representation.
- Date Format (full): Same as the date format above, but including the hour-minute format
- Flag: Upload an image of the flag which best matches the language you want to add. It should be 16X11 pixels.
- No-picture Image: Upload an image which will be displayed when a product does not yet have a picture. That image is simply a blank image, with No image in this language. The picture should be 250 X 250 pixels.
- Is RTL language: Some languages are written from right to left, like Arabic script or the Hebrew alphabet. PrestaShop able to handle RTL languages – provided it is clearly set as such.
- Status: You may disable a new language until you are ready to translate everything.
Fill the above information and make sure that Status is set to enable. Otherwise the language will be unavailable on front-end.
Next go to Localization -> Translations and choose language you are adding from Localization ->Language and click on Add or update a language button.
Finally, go to your shop’s front-office and click on the flags at the top.