Step1. Setting of Catalog:
Admin ->System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> CatalogStep
- Grid Only: In this setting product will display at Catalog in Grid view. That is one product per grid. By default it is in Grid view.
- List Only: Here, product display in List view.
- Grid(Default)List: By default product will displayed in Grid View. When you click on List, then it will change its mode from Grid to List.
- Products Per Page on Grid allows value: Here you can set values, to display product per page. You can set value as per your choice. For Example, 2, 5, 9, 15, 30.
- Products Per Page on Grid Default value: Enter value that will display on Grid By default.
- List(Default)Grid: By default product will displayed in List View. When you click on Grid, then it will change its mode from List to Grid.
- Products Per Page on List allows value: Here you can set values, to display product per page. You can set value as per your choice.
For Example, 2, 5, 9, 15, 30.
- Products Per Page on List Default value: Enter value that will display on List By default.
- Allows All Products Per Page: Decide here whether to show All option on pages.
- Product Listing Sort By: Select from drop-down product listing you want to sort. Options are:
- Best Value
Step 3. Sitemap Setting
Use Tree Like Category Sitemap: By default it is set to No. If you set it to Yes it will display Category in Tree structure, indicating which link are for Category and which link are the Subcategory. If it is No, it will display in simple straight line format.
Step 4. Determine whether you want to allow Guests to Write Reviews or Not.
Step 5. Product Alerts Setting
- Allowed alert When Product Price Changes: If you set it is Yes then it will be display link on product details page. When customer sign up and click on this link, he will get the information about price changes of particular product.
- Price Alert Email Template: Select template that will used to send Price Alert Email.
- Allow Alert When Product Comes Back In Stock: If it is set to Yes, products that are currently out of stock, it will notify to the customer via email, the product is back in stock.
- Stock Alert Email Template: Select template that will used to send information related Stock Alert.
- Alert Email Sender: Select store contact that will used to send Alert Email to customer.
Step 6. Product Alert Run Setting
- Frequency: Set Frequency, how to send Product alert message to customer.
- Start time: Set Start time to send product Alert Email.
- Error Email Recipient: Here, you can specify the Email address, that will send to customer, in some cases the product email message couldn’t be sent.
- Error Email sender: Select store email address.
- Error Email template: Select Template that will used for error email message.
Step 7. Product Image Placeholder
Click on the Browse button and Upload image.
Step 8. Recently Viewed/Compared Products
It will shown in front-end sidebar.
- Default Recently Viewed Products Count: You can set any numbers to list out compared and viewed product. By default it is set to 5.
Step 9. Set Catalog Price Scope
- Catalog Price Scope: Here you can define the scope of your Base Currency. It is in Website or Global. By default it is set to Global. If you handle a Multi Store, in such a cases you can set it as a Website to set different Base price.
Step 10. Layered Navigation
By default it is set to Yes. It will be used to display product filter such as Price or Color.
Step 11. Search Engine Optimizations
- Auto generated Site Map: By default it is Enabled. It is automatically generate the Site-map of Categories and Product that you have created. This link will shown at front-end in Footer. If it is set Disabled, the link will not display in Front-end.
- Popular Search Term: By default it is Enabled. It display the list of popular search terms that customer have executed.
Step 12. Catalog Search Setting
- Minimal Query Length:
- Here you can configured the minimum number of character that will used by customer to execute the query. If customer entered character below the minimum length then it will display error.
- Maximum Query Length: Here you can configured the limit of maximum character used at the time of search.
- Maximum Query Words Count: You can specify the maximum number of words that can be used in search query.
- Search Type: By default it is set to Like. It will display the result for partial as well as full search terms.
Step 13. Downloadable Product
- Order Item Status to Enable Downloads: Once the order is placed by customer for Downloadable product what will be the status of Downloadable Product. By default it is set to Invoiced.
- Default Maximum number of Downloads: Here, you can set the number of downloadable product customer can downloads. By default it is set to ‘0’, which means there is no limit to download the downloadable product.
- Default Sample Title: In this field you can give sample title for your Downloadable Product.
- Default Link Title: It is also same as above but, this title will display above the downloadable item within the Downloadable product.
- Open Links in New Window: This option is set to By default that is Yes. When customer click on download link to download Downloadable products it will open at new browser tab with download link.
Step 14. Date and Time Custom Option and then Save Configuration
From this option you can do setting related Date and Time.