There have been many open source e-commerce software which are easily accessible over the web for processing customized online shopping carts for online stores. Website personality will reflects your business-name, your business products as also all services that are sold by online store owners. With the help of Magento Customization as well as Theme Integration you can give your online-store an autonomous look as well as feel. Theme Integration is the process of custom designing which can give a particular and isolated look to your online-store in e-commerce market. In all the easily accessible software, Oscommerce and Magento are highly popular. If you are planning to approach towards e-commerce, then store design, development and implementation in it are limitless and it also have a wide range of creative possibilities. Let’s see which one of these two shopping carts are the best for developing your online store.
As per some e-commerce experts,Magento shopping cart is an extended form of Oscommerce cart. Well, magento shopping cart needs no introduction. Here are some of its large and striking characteristics.
• Support for multiple medium of exchange
• Merged with aggregatePayPal & Google Checkout
• Shipping to multiple addresses in same order
• Enables re-ordering of commodity
• RSS Feeds for brand-new Commodities, new tags and new specials
• Abandoned Shopping Cart Report
• In-Built critical review feature of product
• Cross-sells and up-sells as well as related items
• Zoom-in capability of Product image
Oscommerce is a cost efficacious solution as it is an open source as well as it is free to download. This is an open source e-commerce shopping cart utilized for building your online stores. Here are some of its attributes.
• Oscommerce is secure as well as reliable because it allows the use of SSL(Secure Sockets Layer) encode.
• The existing codes are free.
• There are various ways to access the product cataloger.
• Support for multiple currencies as well as multiple language.
• Provide updates on the status of their orders as well as Permits to approach their purchase history.
• Uses a wide range of store types.
• Optimizes selling as it allows product catalogs that can be browsed and searched,as well as the Related Products attribute and also the what’s New feature.
• Provides a wide range of features, including payment processing,report generation, and backup tools, as well as packing slips and invoices.
• Features like Email a Friend, newsletters,reviews, are quite handy for online store owners.
Oscommerce Cart And Magento Cart
When it comes to the features part, Magento is the clear winner. In case you want to run a small e-commerce store then Oscommerce is a good option for you. Oscommerce has a simpler framework and is also easier to customize and edit. When it comes to deciding which software to use, what your e-commerce requirements are. since it’s quite simple to use in comparing to Magento. It requires high end environment for hosting. It is suitable for complex projects.
You won’t find features such as
• Spreadsheet database upload,
• Different pricing per customer groups,
• Graphic template system,
• Google checkout pre-installed,
• SEO Tools for Meta tags and URLs,
• Multi-Store Support,
• PayPal Pro,
• Multiple Product Images, and Coupons
• For informational pages Content Management System.
Further, Magento also has a superb back end system. Magento also has some minus points,that is the magento shopping cart is heavily layered and requires considerable amount of time to learn.