Special offers plays an important role in your daily relationships with your customers and tie your customers for your online store and your product line. You can do it by offering a Special Price, Gift Packages, Discount Coupon etc. PrestaShop, open source platform allows to carry out them within your online shop.
- Cart rules: It enables you to create per-customer voucher codes and much more.
- Catalog price rules: It enables you to assign price reductions by category, manufacturer, supplier, attribute or feature.
Adding voucher code in PrestaShop 1.5
Following are the step to add voucher code
- Login as an administrator or employer with granted permission to cart rules section in PrestaShop back office. Go to “Price Rules” tab like
- Next click “Add new” button on right side above the cart rules list.
Its open Cart-rule information form with 3 tabs
- 1) Information
- 2) Conditions
- 3) Actions
Identifiers and main settings of your coupon / voucher code.
- Name: The name is public, which will be displayed on cart and invoice.
- Description: The description is not public. It helps your shop employees understand why the rule is created.
- Code: Add unique code for each voucher. You can either create one manually (readable words like VOUCHO0101) or have PrestaShop generate one unique string by clicking the “Click to generate random code” button.
- Highlight: It will be displayed voucher in the cart summary.
- Partial use: If disabled, the rule/voucher can only be used once, even if it is not completely used. If enabled, a new voucher is created when the current one is not completely used.
- Priority: If a customer (or group of customers) are eligible for more than one voucher, or if more than one voucher can be applied to an order, then PrestaShop applies said voucher one by one in the alphanumerical order. You can change that order by placing a lower priority to you voucher. By default, they all have a priority of 1. If you set it to a higher number, the voucher will be applied after vouchers with a lower number.
- Status: You can disable and enable as per your need.
Conditions tab contains a large set of possibilities, enabling you to precisely target who should be able to benefit from this rule.
- Limit to a single customer: You can create a voucher for single customer that only he or she can access. To quickly find the customer, type in the first few letters of their first name, last name or e-mail in the text field.
If empty, PrestaShop will understand than any customer can use it, unless you have added a customer group as a further condition (see check-box below).
- Valid: The default validity is one month, but you can set that to a week or even a day etc.
- Minimum amount: Your voucher will only be applicable if the customer’s order total is equal to or is above the given amount. You can choose if that amount should include taxes and/or shipping costs.
- Total available: Set the available quantities of voucher.
- Total available for each user: Here you can set the number of times a voucher can be used for by each customer. That number must be at least equal to the quantity of available voucher “Total available” field. If that number is inferior to the total quantity of available vouchers, then one single customer will not be able to use all of them.
From action tab you choose what the discount actually consists of.
- Free Shipping: The voucher benefiting customers to free shipping.
- Apply a discount.
- Percent (%): It applies discount in percentage on order total without shipping costs .
- Amount: It applies discount in amount on order total with option tax or without tax.
None: The rule does not offer any discount on the order total.
- Apply discount to
- Order (without shipping)- The discount applies to the whole order.
- Specific product- You can choose to which product the discount should apply: type the first letters of the product, and choose in the list of matching names.
- Cheapest product- Only available for the “Percent (%)” option.
- Selected product(s)- The customer can choose on which products the discount should be applied. Only available for the “Percent (%)” option.
- Send a free gift: You can choose to offer a gift for some conditions (and skip the discount altogether).
- A field appears: type the first letters of the product, and choose in the list of matching names.
Saving the voucher
After completing voucher setting click on save button on top right corner. After saving your voucher will appear in the “Cart Rules” page, under the “Price rules” menu.
You can delete or edit voucher at any time. If the voucher was set to a specific group or customer, then it will appear in the Front-Office, in the customer’s “Vouchers” section of his account.
Now you can send new voucher code to your customer.